Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pit Orchestra

I think that one the most humbling experiences in music is that of accompanying singers during a production. Although I am a singer and actor, I would describe myself as foremostly a musician. I am playing the synth cello for a high school production of The Wizard of Oz. There truly is nothing that shows how coesive music is as working in an orchestra. To feel the power, the excitement. It is just one reason why music is truly a universal art. People of every age, race, sex, orientation, every walk of life, can join together and become a group.

1 comment:

  1. That's absolutely right. The beauty of music is that it is truly something that anyone can do or experience. The notes of music are extensions of our souls, and that is why it is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete