Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Where the Music Comes From

Have you ever felt that there's a song inside of you? Have you ever heard music that no one else can hear?

If you answered yes, this post applies to you.

Something in my being knows that music is right for me. I've known for a fairly long time. And yet, when I try to find the source of my musical passion, I come up short.

I know that I'm the most comfortable when I'm doing music. I know that I always hear a song. But what I don't know is where that "instinct" , per say, originates. I'm not the only one either.

Many people feel that something in music resonates within them. Many people know that music is their element. But what makes it so?

So, leave a comment, please. Tell me where you think the music comes from. Tell me why you think it resonates within you.

1 comment:

  1. Like I said before, I believe that music comes from God, just we came from God. Music is our attempt to glorify Him. While we have perverted that goal with trash like metal and hip hop culture, that is the intended goal of all music in my opinion. When I sing or play, I feel the presence of God with me. I love it that the Boychoir sings so many sacred songs, because that is what music is. All the other songs are amazing and powerful, but singing Cantate Domino in St Peter's Basilica, and Prayer of the Children are moments when I am deeply aware of the existence of God and how much I need Him to save me from my ugly sin.

    That's my two cents, anyway.

    ReplyDelete